What is the difference between a Wedding Planner and a Wedding Stylist?
We often come across confused couples that are left wondering whether they are best to book a Wedding Planner or Wedding Stylist. We spoke to One Fine Day Sydney Wedding Planner Amira from For Thy Sweet Love to explain what the key differences are and why you might choose to engage one over the other or simply go for both.
As a Wedding Planner for For Thy Sweet Love, it’s my job to organise every practical, logistical and contractual aspect of your wedding and to coordinate the myriad of vendors and service providers it takes to turn your dream wedding into reality. You can think of me as a Wedding Mentor who’ll guide you through every step. From the day you engage me until the moment you leave for your honeymoon, I ensure that everything runs smoothly. To plan, to time, to budget – so that you can enjoy the journey and reclaim most of the 250 hours it takes to plan the average wedding.
Some of the things you can expect a Wedding Planner to take care of are:
- Helping to devise and stick to a budget
- Venue scouting and shortlisting
- Recommending and booking wedding vendors such as stylists, florists, makeup and hair specialists, entertainers, car hire, celebrants and so on
- Negotiating vendor contracts and coordinating payments
- Guest list coordination and RSVP tracking
- Event co-ordination, timetabling and communication with vendors
- Organising accommodation for the bridal party and guests where required
- Wedding guest relations including delicately handling difficult guests and intrusive family and friends (say what?)
- Planning wedding-related events such as rehearsals
- On-the-day coordination and crisis management
By comparison, a Wedding Stylist is responsible for the aesthetic aspects of your wedding.
NPM Events are among my preferred choice because of their unparalleled ability to bring exquisite style to the substance of any wedding. Natalie and her team are masters at creating a distinct feeling for each event they work on,” Amira explains.
Some of the things you can expect a Wedding Stylist to take care of are:
- Working with you to create a cohesive wedding design concept across all design elements of your wedding
- Creating a detailed floor plan of the venue(s)
- Coordinating, sourcing or supplying all florals, props, furniture, lighting, soft furnishings, tableware and so on (within your budget)
- Overseeing the installation of all design elements on the day and solving any problems that might arise
According to Amira from For Thy Sweet Love, “It is likely that your Wedding Planner will offer styling services as part of their wedding packages, whether they offer it themselves or outsource to someone more specialised.
My preferred option is to outsource to ensure my clients get the best of both worlds. I am an expert in operational planning, which is complemented by my keen eye for wedding style. Conversely, Natalie from NPM Events comes from a design background and is a powerhouse at delivering your designs on time and on budget.
For Thy Sweet Love and NPM Events are that perfect match.
They offer free bridal party flowers up to the value of $500* if you sign up for a Platinum or Diamond full wedding planning package.
If you want to work out whether For Thy Sweet Love is the right fit for your Sydney wedding, get in touch to book in your complimentary consultation. Either call Amira on 0414 419 895 or email [email protected].
*Offer not transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot to be used with another offer.
Kiri Shay Photography